Hurricane Katrina Forest Recovery

As we work together to tackle the historic challenge that Hurricane Katrina has presented to the forestry communities of Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama, we hope that this blog will be a valuable resource and tool.

Tuesday, October 11

Forest Landowner Timber Damage Recovery and Taxes Workshops

Questions to be answered:
1) Timber damage recovery
Do I have enough damage to make a salvage sale?
How much time do I have?
How do I find a logger?
Do I have enough standing undamaged timber to make a future sale or to manage?

2) Timber casualty loss
Do I qualify for a timber casualty loss?
How do I fill out IRS Form 4684 to claim a loss?
Who can help me estimate fair market value loss and basis?
How can IRS Form T help me establish basis?
Will involuntary conversion help me postpone taxes on salvage income?
What kinds of replacement properties will qualify?


New Recovery and Tax Workshop Locations

MSU County and District Extension Offices-Contact Information

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home